Reflective Practice : Writing and Professional Development : 4e
Reflection and reflexivity invite critical, sensitive examination of practice, exploration of principles, concepts and ideas, and development of thoughtful self-awareness.
The Fourth Edition of this bestselling book explains how expressive and explorative writing, combined with in-depth group work or mentoring, can widen perspectives and give clarity of values, roles, and responsibilities. Step-by-step methods are grounded in carefully explained theories and values, and key terms such as reflection, reflexivity, critical, narrative, metaphor, mindfulness and complexity are clarified.
New to this edition:
- a clear route through the essentials of reflective practice
- greater clarity and representation of theoretical models
- a strong focus on ethical values
- in-depth examples and case studies from a range of courses
- clear summarization of each chapter’s key contents
- updated ‘Read to Learn’ sections and extended glossary
- discussion of writing in different cultures
- new online content including videos.