Retail Buying 5e : From Basics to Fashion
This comprehensive book provides students with the skills and savvy needed to become successful buyers in any area of retail. With a simple and straightforward approach, Clodfelter presents step-by-step instructions for typical buying tasks, such as identifying and understanding potential customers, creating a six-month merchandising plan, and developing sales forecasts.
With coverage of math concepts integrated throughout the text, this new edition contains up-to-date coverage of important retailing trends, including more coverage of international buying and sourcing, integration of product development concepts throughout, and more math practice problems in chapters. Updated Snapshot and Trendwatch features present current info and new case studies from the fashion industry.Ample activities-drawn from real-world merchandising and incorporating current trends-give students the opportunity to apply critical skills as they would in a professional environment.
New to This Edition:
- STUDIO: Retail Buying Studio features online self-quizzes, flashcards, math practic problems and Excel spreadsheet activities that align with chapter "Spreadsheet Skills" activities
- Additional math practice problems in end of chapter activities
- More than 20% new photographs throughout the book
- 30% new Snapshot and Trendwatch features and updated content in all cases
- Expanded coverage of buying in foreign markets
- Integrated content on product development throughout