Rigor in Your Classroom : A Toolkit for Teachers
Teachers are required to increase the rigor for students, but how? This book by bestselling author and rigor expert Barbara Blackburn has the answer! It is a treasure chest of more than 200 practical and highly-effective tools that can be used across grade levels and subject areas to increase student rigor, leading your students to higher engagement and deeper learning.
Topics covered include…
- Asking higher-level questions
- Scaffolding to help all students achieve success
- Differentiating instruction and using modifications
- Fostering independence through gradual release of responsibility
- Increasing text difficulty and teaching close reading
- Setting high expectations
- Changing students’ views of success
- Encouraging effort and goal-setting
- Creating an environment that is conducive to learning
- Using effective grading policies and assessment tools
- Working with parents, colleagues, and administrators
- And much, much more!
Rigor in Your Classroom will be your go-to resource throughout the school year, as you continually return to it to try new tools with your students. Bonus: The tools are accompanied by graphic organizers, charts, templates, and reproducibles for easy implementation.