SAP BW Data Retrieval
The first part of the book gives readers a detailed look at the most important concepts related to extraction, transformation and loading (ETL), as well as a comprehensive overview of all SAP BW functions. Then, discover exclusive insights on all the relevant techniques for data extraction. A sample scenario illustrates the practical application of these techniques. The chapters that follow guide you systematically through best practices for working with master and transaction data, teaching you how to successfully master the complete ETL process. In addition, valuable advice shows you how to make the most of SAP Business Content.
The appendices also provide additional help and include a comprehensive SAP BW glossary. Up to date for SAP BW 3.5.
* Detailed ETL Concepts and Implementation within SAP BW
* Extractors: Overview of available Techniques - Homogenization of Data, Data Extraction from Heterogeneous Systems, Extraction Mechanisms in SAP BW and much more
* ETL Process: Master Data - Data Targets, Update Types and Rules, DataSources, InfoPackages
* ETL Process: Transaction Data - SAP Business Content DataSources, InfoSources, Transfer and Update Rule
* SAP Business Content - Elements and Areas of Use
* Comprehensive Appendix - Includes BW Glossary, Transaction Codes, Metadata Tables, Index and much more