Science and Engineering of Materials 7e SI
- ÜRÜNÜN BULUNDUĞU ŞUBELERİMİZ
- Boğaziçi Üniversitesi
This updated Seventh Edition of THE SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING OF MATERIALS helps engineering students develop an understanding of the relationship between structure, processing, and properties of materials. By selecting the appropriate topics from the book’s wealth of material, instructors can emphasize materials, provide a general overview, concentrate on mechanical behavior, or focus on physical properties. Because the book has more material than is needed for a one-semester course, students will also have a useful reference for subsequent courses in manufacturing, materials, design, or materials selection.
The Askeland text emphasizes a science-based approach to materials engineering that highlights how the structure of materials at various length scales gives rise to materials properties. This connection between structure and properties is key to innovating with materials, both in the synthesis of new materials and enabling new applications with existing materials. The science-based approach highlights how materials change with time and due to loading and environment - a key concept that is often overlooked when using charts and databases to select materials.
- Chapter Openings and Introductions give students an engaging preview of the topics and ideas to come.
- "Have You Ever Wondered?" sections pique student interest by relating the material covered in the chapter to its real-world application.
- EIT exam-oriented questions help students prepare for the Engineer in Training exam.
- Chapter summaries and glossaries of key words with definitions at the end of each chapter help students master key concepts.
- End-of-chapter design problems, including some problems that require the use of the Knovel® online reference tool, help students develop their problem-solving skills.
- Extensive use of micrographs throughout the text emphasize the importance of structure at different length scales.