This book shows readers how to use assessment to inform instruction and learning in the science classroom. In the bestselling first volume, Page Keeley shared 75 techniques that help K-12 science teachers determine students' understanding of key concepts and design learning opportunities that will deepend students' mastery of content and standards. Volume 2 will present 50 new strategies linked to the Next Generation Science Standards. These flexible assessments can be used with any science curriculum.
The assessments include:
- a description of how each technique promotes student learning
- considerations for design and implementation, such as required materials, timing, modeling the technique, and grouping students
- modifications for different types of students or purposes
- caveats for using each technique
- ways the techniques can be used in other content areas