Scotland's Highlands and Islands -LP- 2e
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Scotland's Highlands & Islands is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Island-hop between more than 700 islands, hike through the country's finest scenery, or tour a distillery to sample various types of whisky; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Scotland's Highlands and Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Scotland's Highlands & Islands Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including culture, history, literature, music, dance, sport, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 53 local maps
- Useful features - including Top Experiences, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Outdoor Activities
- Coverage of Loch Lomond, the Trossachs, Cowal Peninsula, Loch Ness, the Cairngorms, Lerwick, the North Isles, Stromness, Kirkwall, the Western Isles, Skye, Deeside, Strathdon, West Perthshire, Oban, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Scotland's Highlands & Islands, our most comprehensive guide to Scotland's Highlands and Islands, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Scotland guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole country has to offer, or Discover Scotland, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular sights.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.