Sicily -LP- 6e
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Sicily is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Feast on Sicilian cuisine, explore the historic charms of Syracuse, climb a fiery volcano, island-hop throughout the Aeolian archipelago, get lost in Palermo's Ballaro market; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Sicilyand begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Sicily Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, architecture, art, cinema, literature, Sicilian cuisine, wine, the Sicilian way of life, and more
- Over 59 colour maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Outdoor Activities, First Time, Month by Month (annual festival calendar), andTravel with Children
- Coverage of Palermo, western Sicily, the Tyrrhenian Coast, the Aeolian Islands, the Ionian Coast, Syracuse, central Sicily, the Mediterranean Coast, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Sicily, our most comprehensive guide to Sicily, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Italy? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Gregor Clark, and Vesna Maric.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - The New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -Fairfax Media (Australia)