Sicily -LP- 7e
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Sicily is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Soak up history in charming Syracuse, hike Stromboli's lava-strewn crater, or visit crumbling castles in gorgeous hill towns; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Sicily and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Sicily:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - cuisine, history, politics, customs/etiquette, literature, cinema, the mafia, art, architecture
- Over 60 maps
- Covers Palermo, Aeolian Islands, Western Sicily, Tyrrhenian Coast, Ionian Coast, Syracuse, Central Sicily, Mediterranean Coast and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Sicily, our most comprehensive guide to Sicily, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Southern Italy.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, gift and lifestyle books and stationery, as well as an award-winning website, magazines, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)