Sociology for AS AQA
The fourth edition of Ken Browne’s widely used textbook has been extensively revised to satisfy fully the AQA’s AS sociology specification. The book combines sociological rigour and accessibility in a way unrivalled by any other book at this level.
Drawing on insights from recent examiners’ reports and mark schemes, and restructuring the materials to follow more closely the AS specification and the AQA’s recommended scheme of work, the new edition also includes:
- up-to-date discussions of a wide range of recent sociological data and debates
- extra exam-style questions on every specification topic
- special sections on research methods in the chapters on health and education
- full-colour photographs, diagrams and cartoons, to bring ideas to life and fire students' imaginations
- a dedicated website at www.politybooks.com/browne, with resources for teachers and additional material designed to help students revise or research themes in the book.
Key sociological terms are systematically highlighted throughout the text and are included in a comprehensive glossary, with questions and activities incorporated throughout to develop and test students' understanding further.
Pitched at exactly the right level for the AQA AS sociology specification, the book provides all the tools necessary to help students achieve top grades, whatever their needs, interests and abilities. Together with the accompanying Sociology for A2 AQA, this is the perfect resource for success in sociology.
You can also find pointers to new contemporary resources for both AS and A2 Sociology by following @BrowneKen on Twitter.