South India and Kerala -LP- 7e
#1 best-selling guide to South India *
Lonely Planet South India & Kerala is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the regal Mysore Palace, relax on a palm-fringed beach, or cruise through tropical Kerala; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's South India & Kerala Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, customs, volunteering, yoga, Hinduism and bazaar-shopping.
- Over 80 colour maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Women & Solo Traveller features.
- Coverage of Kerala's backwaters, Goa's beaches, Chennai's urban villages, Bengaluru's sophisticated city life, Ellora and Ajanta's Buddhist caves, Puducherry's French-colonial streets, Mysore's sandalwood markets, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet South India & Kerala, our most comprehensive guide to South India, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on India? Check out Lonely Planet's India guide for a comprehensive look at what India has to offer; or Lonely Planet's Discover India, a photo-rich guide to the India's most popular attractions
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sarina Singh, Lindsay Brown, Paul Harding, Trent Holden, Amy Karafin, Kate Morgan, John Noble, Kevin Raub.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
*Best-selling guide to South India. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, July 2012 to June 2013