Southern Italy -LP- 2e
Lonely Planet Southern Italy is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander through Pompeii, a town frozen in time, wake up to the sound of a Neapolitan street market, or gaze at the Mediterranean, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of southern Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Southern Italy Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, religion, art, architecture, politics, cuisine and wine
- Over 40 maps
- Coverage of Naples, Pompeii, Campania, Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicily, the Amalfi Coast, Palermo, the Aeolian Islands, the Ionian Coast, Syracuse, Agrigento, Matera, Alberobello, Lecce, Capri, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Southern Italy, our most comprehensive guide to Southern Italy, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Naples, Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast or Sicily? Check out Lonely Planet's Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast guide or Sicily guide for a comprehensive look at what these areas has to offer.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions