Southwest USA's Best Trips -LP- 2e
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet's Southwest USA's Best Trips, your passport to the most up-to-date advice on unique experiences that await you along America's highways. This guide features 32 amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to two-week adventures. Hike two billion years into the past at the gaping Grand Canyon, 'travel the world' on the Vegas Strip, or cruise historic Americana along Route 66; all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, cue up your driving playlist, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Southwest USA's Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography on every page to inspire you as you plan
- Itineraries and planning advice help you pick the right routes for you and tailor your trip to your needs and interests
- Get around easily with 116 easy-to-read, full-color regional and route maps and detailed directions
- Insider tips about local driving rules, parking, toll roads, and more help you get around like a local to avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, and sight-seeing
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Coverage of Route 66, the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Arizona deserts, Phoenix, Santa Fe, New Mexico's Enchanted Circle, the Texas Hill Country, Big Bend, Austin, San Antonio, Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks, Monument Valley, Moab and southeastern Utah, Denver, and much more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Southwest USA's Best Trips is perfect for those planning to explore the USA's Southwest in the classic American way - by road trip!
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely Planet's Southwest USA guide, our most comprehensive guide to the Southwest, is perfect for those planning to both explore top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on Las Vegas? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Las Vegas, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions.
There's More in Store for You:
Whether you're exploring your own backyard or somewhere entirely new, Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides will ensure you have an amazing time exploring the varied landscapes, histories, and cultures of 'America the beautiful.' Check out Lonely Planet's California's Best Trips, Pacific Northwest's Best Trips, New England's Best Trips, Florida & the South's Best Trips, New York & the Mid-Atlantic's Best Trips, and USA's Best Trips for more road-tripping ideas.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Amy C Balfour, Michael Benanav, Greg Benchwick, Lisa Dunford, Mariella Krause, Carolyn McCarthy and Ryan Ver Berkmoes.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.