Sports Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation: Integrating Medicine and Science for Performance Soluti
Elite sport organisations should deliver integrated care and preparation of the athlete or sportsperson, combining best practice in sports medicine and physical therapy with training and conditioning techniques based on cutting edge sport science. In this ground-breaking new book, leading sports injury and rehabilitation professionals and sport scientists show how this integrated model should work in practice across the full spectrum of athlete care, including the prevention of sports injury, assessment and treatment of injury, and the design and implementation of effective rehabilitation programmes.
The book introduces evidence-based best practice in all the core functional and professional areas of sports injury management, including:
- building a performance team
- pre-participation screenings
- developing core stability, motor control and flexibility
- training models
- pre-season and in-season programmes
- assessment of training loads and recovery
- the mechanics of sports injury
- concussion management
- designing rehabilitation programmes
- psychology, nutrition and environmental stress
- working with young athletes, female athletes, masters athletes, and athletes with disabilities
Every chapter includes real case studies and data, as well as effective protocols, procedures and specimen programmes designed for high performance, with examples drawn from a wide range of individual and team sports. No other book integrates sports medicine and sport science as closely, and therefore Sports Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation is essential reading for any course in sports injury, sports therapy or sports medicine, and for any clinician, physical therapist or sport scientist working in high performance sport.