Statistics and Data Analysis : from Elementary to Intermediate
An introductory section on modern, computer intensive, resampling methods such as jackknife and bootstrap, is included in the section on non-parametric methods.
Extensive use of real data.
Real data-based examples and exercises permeate the book to demonstrate how statistical methods and techniques are used in decision-making in diverse disciplines.
Focus on Interpretation of Computer Output.
Probability distributions, confidence intervals, and hypothesis tests are summarized in tables for easy reference and review.
This book offers unusual breadth of coverage in the techniques covered, ranging from elementary statistics to topics in mathematical statistics such as maximum likelihood estimation, likelihood ratio tests, and large sample inference.
2. Review of Probability
3. Collecting Data
4. Summarizing and Exploring Data
5. Sampling Distributions of Statistics
6. Basic Concepts of Inference
7. Inferences for Single Samples
8. Inferences for Two Samples
9. Inferences for Proportions and Count Data
10. Simple Linear Regression and Correlation
11. Multiple Linear Regression
12. Analysis of Single Factor Experiments
13. Analysis of Multifactor Experiments
14. Nonparametric Statistical Methods
15. Likelihood, Bayesian and Decision Theory Methods
Appendix A: Tables
Solutions to Odd Numbered Exercises