Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences 9e ISE
Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences için diğer satın alabilecekleriniz:
This field-leading introduction to statistics for the behavioral and social sciences text continues to offer straightforward instruction, accuracy, built-in learning aids, and real-world examples. The goals of STATISTICS FOR THE BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES, 9th Edition are to teach the methods of statistics and convey the basic principles of objectivity and logic that are essential for science- and valuable in everyday life. Authors Frederick Gravetter and Larry Wallnau help students understand statistical procedures through a conceptual context that explains why the procedures were developed and when they should be used. Students have numerous opportunities to practice statistical techniques through learning checks, examples, step-by-step demonstrations, and problems. Aplia™, an assignable, gradeable online homework solution, joins an already-robust set of available book resources that includes PowerLecture™, WebTutor™, an Instructor’s Manual/TestBank, and more.
- The book is now separated into five sections to emphasize the similarities among groups of statistical methods. Each section contains two to four chapters, and begins with an introduction and concludes with a review, including review exercises.
- The book’s conceptual context helps make learning statistics as simple as possible for students who may be intimidated by the subject. Statistical formulas are presented in both standard mathematical notation and in everyday language, with explanations of how and why formulas are used.
- This edition’s excellent problems, which walk students step-by-step through procedures in a variety of ways, reflect the straightforward writing for which Gravetter and Wallnau are renowned. Each chapter ends with 25 to 30 problems.
- In-text learning aids give students many opportunities to master the material with practice working through problems. Numerous Learning Checks (with answers) challenge students to test their comprehension as they read. A Focus on Problem Solving section in each chapter offers practical tips on deciding which formulas to use and cautions for avoiding common errors.
- In the Literature sections, which appear in nearly every chapter, demonstrate how statistical results (e.g., for the mean and the standard deviation, t tests, and independent-measures tests) are reported in APA style and explain the notation and jargon used.
- An appendix contains a general introduction to IBM SPSS®. In addition, at the end of each chapter for which an SPSS analysis is feasible, a step-by-step set of instructions describes how to enter data, how to run the analysis, and what to look for in the output.