Strategic Planning for Public and Nonprofit Organizations: A Guide to Strengthening and Sustaining O
Table of Contents
Part One: Understanding the Dynamics of Strategic Planning.
1. Why Strategic Planning in Public and Nonprofit Organizations Is More Important Than Ever.
2. The Strategy Change Cycle: An Effective Strategic Planning Approach for Public and Nonprofit Organizations.
Part Two: Key Steps in Using the Strategy Change Cycle to Think and Act Strategically.
3. Initiating and Agreeing on a Strategic Planning Process.
4. Clarifying Organizational Mandates and Mission.
5. Assessing Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.
6. Identifying Strategic Issues Facing the Organization.
7. Formulating and Adopting Strategies and Plans to Manage the Issues.
8. Establishing an Effective Organizational Vision for the Future.
9. Implementing Strategies and Plans Successfully.
10. Reassessing and Revising Strategies and Plans.
Part Three: Managing the Process and Getting Started with Strategic Planning.
11. Leadership Roles in Making Strategic Planning Work.
12. Getting Started with Strategic Planning.
Resources: A. An Ongoing Approach for Identifying External Threats and Opportunities B. Advanced Concepts for Identifying Strategic Issues C. Using the "Oval Mapping Process" to Identify Strategic Issues and Formulate Effective Strategies D. Advanced Concepts for Strategy Formulation and Implementation E. Advanced Concepts for Establishing an Effective Organizational Vision for the Future.