Student Paramedic Survival Guide : Your Journey from Student to Paramedic
The Student Paramedic Survival Guide gives information and advice to help you succeed in your education and become a registered paramedic. The book supports you from the start of your journey as you choose a programme, through study and practice placements, to the final stages of registration and applying for work. Finally, the book prepares you to make the transition into your first paramedic job.
To equip you with insights into what studying to be a paramedic is really like, the book is packed full of comments from students, paramedics, mentors, paramedic educators and academics. Their expertise and experience will be invaluable as you study and prepare for practice. Other useful tools are included, such as web links for suggested further reading. The book will answer questions such as:
- Is this the right career for me?
- What do I need to consider when choosing a university and programme of study?
- What will I be studying?
- How can I make the most of the simulations that are part of my course?
- Who is there to support me on placements?
- What is it like caring for patients and their families?
- How can I adjust to shift work?
- What can I do to prepare for registration and securing my first job?
The book also includes advice on making the most of your preferred learning style and guidance on how to look after yourself when you encounter traumatic events.Written by a bestselling author with the help of students, practice staff and academics from a variety of higher education institutions, this guide for prospective and current student paramedics is the essential resource to support your journey through the excitement, challenges and realities of being a student paramedic on a higher education programme.