Study Skills for Chinese Students (SAGE Study Skills Series)
Leaving China to study in the UK for the first time can be a daunting experience. You will be entering a new country and education system with its own culture, customs and values, some of which will be totally different from those back home. You will need to acquaint yourself with these differences to achieve your goals while studying in the UK and make the most of your stay. You may be finding it difficult to find this information, you may even be feeling anxious about the move or struggling to fit into your new environment.
Help is at hand!
This short, easy-to-read book is designed to be your companion throughout your university studies in the UK. It provides practical information as well as skills and strategies for success which are simple to understand and employ. The book:
- Introduces you to many of the life skills needed to support your studies in the UK, such as food, socialising and local amenities and services
- Contains useful information regarding UK assessment, lectures, seminars, campus life and the typical support available to you from faculty
- Covers vital language and comprehension skills to help you communicate in your work and in the classroom with your peers
- Explains the main differences between Eastern and Western thinking and culture
- Includes research skills and strategies for dissertations, essays and exams.
This essential guide will help you to flourish in your UK studies as well as enjoy yourself along the way!
SAGE Study Skills are essential study guides for students of all levels. From how to write great essays and succeeding at university, to writing your undergraduate dissertation and doing postgraduate research, SAGE Study Skills help you get the best from your time at university.