Studying at a Distance : A Guide for Students
This authoritative book has supported thousands of distance learners, providing accessible support and friendly advice for their studies.
This essential guide provides practical help for anyone who is embarking on a distance learning course. Ideal for those who have not previously studied at a distance or for students returning to study after a break, it covers fundamental issues such as motivation, goal-setting, time management and coping strategies.
The fourth edition includes:
• How to understand the distance learning experience and what your institution expects of its distance learners
• The practicalities of learning at a distance, including how to get support when you need it
• Updated information on the use of new technologies in distance learning, including mobile learning
• Tips and advice on doing a research project at a distance
• Coverage of key study skills including reading and note-making, completing written assignments, developing critical analysis skills and avoiding plagiarism
• Support for international students in understanding how to make the most of studying remotely at a UK Higher Education institution
Hallmark features of this book are the comments and advice offered by students and tutors sharing their own experiences of distance learning. It also includes comprehensive self-study activities that highlight the element of active learning that is crucial to successful studying at a distance.
Studying at a Distance, 4th edition is a key resource for undergraduates and postgraduates in all open and distance learning or e-learning courses.