Thailand -LP- 15e
#1 best-selling guide to Thailand*
Lonely Planet Thailand is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Sample the nightlife of Bangkok, explore the World Heritage temple ruins at Ayuthaya, or indulge in a beachfront Thai massage on a coral-fringed island; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Thailand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Thailand Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - customs, history, politics, literature, cinema, music, art, environment, wildlife, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 120 maps.
- Covers Chiang Mai Province, Northern Thailand, Northeastern Thailand, Central Thailand, Bangkok, Ko Chang, Eastern Seaboard, Hua Hin, Southern Gulf, Phuket, Andaman Coast, Ko Samui, Lower Gulf and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Thailand, our most comprehensive guide to Thailand, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Bangkok or Phuket? Check out Lonely Planet's Bangkok guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Bangkok or Pocket Phuket, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for just the highlights of Thailand? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Thailand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, China Williams, Austin Bush, Tim Bewer, Mark Beales, David Eimer, Celeste Brash and Adam Skolnick.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Thailand. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, February 2013 to January 2014.