Understanding the Theory and Design of Organizations 10e IE
* "BOOK MARKS" EMPHASIZE CURRENT ISSUES THROUGH INSIGHTFUL BOOK REVIEWS: Unique "Book Mark" book reviews throughout this edition reflect current concerns of today''s managers in actual leading organizations. These insightful reviews detail how companies are dealing with the challenges of today''s changing environment.
* "WORKBOOK" EXERCISES PROVIDE HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE: Proven and popular Workbook exercises in each chapter provide an opportunity for students to gain more experience working hands-on with the chapter''s content.
* "MANAGER''S BRIEFCASE" HIGHLIGHTS HOW TO APPLY CONCEPTS: Conveniently located in the chapter margins, this practical feature clearly demonstrates to your students how to use the chapter''s concepts to analyze cases and, ultimately, manage organizations most effectively.
* "CASE FOR ANALYSIS" ENCOURAGES IN-DEPTH THINKING: Driven by intriguing situations in real businesses, these end-of-chapter cases highlight significant chapter concepts. They are extremely valuable in guiding student analysis and prompting meaningful classroom discussion.
* INTEGRATIVE CASES IMMEDIATELY INVOLVE STUDENTS: Engaging Integrative Cases at the end of this edition highlight familiar organizations and encourage students to discuss and apply numerous organization concepts. The new cases include Rondell Data Corporation; The Plaza Inn; and Planning and Implementing Teams at AAL and IPS. Previous cases that have been retained include Royce Consulting; Custom Chip, Inc.; W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.; Empire Plastics; and Littleton Manufacturing.