Victorian Literature: An Anthology
Üye Girişi yapın, temin süresi ve fiyatını size bildirelim.
Üye Girişi yapın, sizi bu ürün stoklarımıza girdiğinde bilgilendirelim.
Temin süremiz 28 - 42 iş günü
Yayıncı John Wiley ( 12 / 2014 ) ISBN 9781405188746 | 16,99x24,41x7,9 cm. | İngilizce | 1008 Sayfa | Türler Edebiyat İncelemesi
Victorian Literature is a comprehensive and fully annotated anthology with a flexible design that allows teachers and students to pursue traditional or innovative lines of inquiry, from the canon to its extensions to its contexts.
- Represents the period’s major writers of prose, poetry, drama, and more, including Tennyson, Arnold, the Brownings, Carlyle, Ruskin, the Rossettis, Wilde, Eliot, and the Brontës
- Promotes an ideologically and culturally varied view of Victorian society with the inclusion of women, working-class, colonial, and gay and lesbian writers
- Incorporates recent scholarship with 5 contextual sections and innovative sub-sections on topics like environmentalism and animal rights; mass literacy and mass media; sex and sexuality; Victorian childhood; melodrama and comedy; the Irish question; ruling India and the Indian Mutiny; innovations in print culture; and the science of race
- Emphasizes the interdisciplinary nature of the field with a focus on social, cultural, artistic, and historical factors
- Includes a fully annotated companion website for teachers and students offering expanded context sections, additional readings from key writers, appendices, and an extensive bibliography