Widely regarded as the leading authority on voyage charters, this book is the most comprehensive and intellectually-rigorous analysis of the area, is regularly cited in court and by arbitrators, and is the go-to guide for drafting and disputing charterparty contracts.
Voyage Charters provides the reader with a clause-by-clause analysis of the two major charterparty forms: the Gencon standard charterparty contract and the Asbatankvoy form. It also delivers thorough treatment of COGSA and the Hague and Hague-Visby Rules, a comparative analysis of English and United States law, and a detailed section on arbitration awards.
Key features of the fourth edition:
- The only textbook to deal specifically with this key area of maritime law
- Written by an impressive team of highly-regarded maritime authorities from both sides of the Atlantic
- Contains a wealth of updated English and American case law and arbitrations, as well as addressing broader issues such as Rome II
- Regulation Convention regarding the conflict of laws
- Practical user-friendly guide, which is accessible not only to lawyers but also shipping professionals
- A new, detailed United States law section on COGSA
This book is an indispensable, practical guide for both contentious and non-contentious shipping law practitioners, and postgraduate students studying this area of law.