Wound Healing and Skin Integrity : Principles and Practice
This comprehensive text integrates related aspects of wound management, skin integrity and dermatology into a convenient, one-stop resource. It explores the theories underpinning wound management and skin integrity by reviewing the supporting evidence and making practical recommendations for busy clinicians. Wound Healing and Skin Integrity discusses current and future trends in the management of wounds and maintenance of skin integrity in respect to international healthcare initiatives and summarises the principles of maintaining healthy skin to provide a practical guide that is accessible to clinicians regardless of professional background.
The title fulfils the inter-professional learning agenda and will be of interest to a wide range of clinicians, including doctors; wound management, dermatology and palliative care nurse specialists; community nurses; podiatrists; pharmacists; and anyone responsible for managing patients with impaired skin integrity.
- A practical, accessible, evidence-based manual on wound care and skin integrity
- Integrates related aspects of skin integrity, wound management and dermatology previously found in separate texts into one comprehensive resource
- Written from a broad international perspective with contributions from key international opinion leaders from Australia, UK, Canada and Europe
- Promotes international practice development in relation to management of skin integrity and chronic wounds
- Full colour illustrations throughout
- Defines key terms, relates anatomy and physiology to clinical practice and provides a summary of easily accessible online learning resources
- Includes practical tips from expert practitioners, commonly presented clinical queries and discussion of professional issues related to skin integrity