Writing for the Green Light : How to Make Your Script the One Hollywood Notices
Tailor your screenplay to sell. Find out what Hollywood script readers, producers, and studio executives want in a screenplay (and why) from someone who’s been there. Discover what it takes to begin a lasting career as a screenwriter.
Peppered with interviews from established professionals, Writing for the Green Light: How to Make Your Script the One Hollywood Notices gives you a sharp competitive edge by showcasing dozens of everyday events that go on at the studios but are rarely if ever discussed in most screenwriting books. With his behind-the-scenes perspective, Scott Kirkpatrick shows you why the system works the way it does and how you can use its unwritten rules to your advantage. He answers such questions as:
- Who actually reads your script?
- How do you pique the interest of studios and decision makers?
- What do agents, producers, and production companies need in a script?
- How much is a script worth?
- What are the best genres for new writers and why?
- What are real steps you can take to ‘break in’ to television writing?
- How do you best present or pitch a project without looking desparate?
- How do you negotiate a contract without an agent?
- How do you exude confidence and seal your first deal?
These and other insights are sure to give you and your screenplay a leg-up for success in this competitive landscape!